Monday, October 19, 2009

I wish...

Today I wish that money grew on trees, chocolate and bread made you thin, and houses cleaned themselves. I also wish that you could fast forward certain aspects of life, and slow down others. If this we're possible, we wouldn't have to stress about bills, we could eat what we want, and the house would always look good. I would fast forward Nick through school, but slow down our time with Leah. Sometimes it just seems that all the crazy responsibilities in life, make it hard to enjoy the little things. I enjoy my time at night when Leah is asleep, and I can read or spend time with Nick. But the days go by so fast. She will be 5 months old in just 2 days and I love seeing her grow and develop everyday, and I so much look forward to the future when she can talk and play and run around, but I can't help but missing the tiny little baby that she was a few months ago.

2 comments:

Raspberry said...

I will come clean! You have only to ask. Of course, this means you have a hurricane (Eli) running around at will....:)

Kari said...

Ashleigh,
How are the naps going? Cannot believe our little girls are going to be 5 months! I wish money grew on trees too. But, there is a season and a time for everything. This time of pinching pennies will pass. In the meantime, enjoy your little one and your hubby and know that no amount of money can make people happy. You've got a family and a faith to bring you joy, and that is much more significant and lasting than money!